Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Just Switched Electrical Providers to Our Energy LLC Using GeekYourRate.com

In Texas we can choose our electrical provider.  PowerToChoose.org is a website to help consumers pick a provider, but it's very difficult to find which provider is the cheapest for me, since providers have a complex rate structure.  I did a previous blog post on choosing an electric provider.

I've found a great website, GeekYourRate.com, which cuts through all the weird pricing structures and shows the best rate for your usage.  The service costs $10, but it saved me $150 for the next year.
GeekYourRate.com said my cheapest option was Our Energy LLC, so I switched.   I had not heard of them before,  but will let you know how they work out.

Be careful not to just continue with your "current" provider when your time is up.  I think they are tempted to offer you a decent plan, but not the best, since it's such a hassle to change.  When I called my provider, and said that I had found a better rate, they offered me a better rate plan than what was mailed to me to renew. 

Here's my results from GeekYourRate.com:

 

No comments: