Here's a few pics:
My jumbled notes:
- Neural Networks are a type of Machine Learning algorithm used for object categorization and recognition.
- Neural networks work by creating a hierarchical structure of more complex objects and their components.
- Fourier Analysis was used in Patrick's example to simplify complex wave forms into simple sine waves.
- The human ear component, the cochlea, decomposes sound into a series of sin waves in an unknown manner.
- Neurons hold electrical charge. Axons are limit switches.
- Apple's Siri is run by a Hidden Markov algorithm, while Google is investing in Neural nets.
- "Equational vs. Structural" was his main theme.
- Patrick had three types of Neurons in his example program: 1. Input Nueron 2. Abstration Neuron 3. Monitor Neuron
- contacts: twitter @patricks github/patricks