Friday, October 05, 2007

Why can't my computer be as smart as my smoke dectector?


In my house the smoke detectors go off by themselves without a hint of smoke. They just start blaring like crazy. Here's the interesting part - they always go off between 2am and 4am in the wee hours of the morning. Somehow my smoke detectors know what time it is without ever having been synch'd with time.gov since they have never gone postal at say, 2 in the afternoon when it wouldn't bother anyone.

They always sound off just before a very important early morning event at work so I can't sleep late after having my heart go from 40 beats/minute to 270 in 2 seconds flat.
They must also have a wireless link to my outlook calendar to know when important meetings with stakeholders are scheduled first thing in the morning.
Why can't my computer be as smart as my smoke detectors?

No comments: